Position Title: Web and Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: 10-15 hours/week (part-time, flexible)
Wage: $20 per hour
Application Deadline: 10/31/2021
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Web and Operations Coordinator updates the website as the paper goes to press and provides support to the Executive Director of Access Press in the areas of development, distribution, events and communication
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Website and other online outreach
- Make regular content and image changes to the Website using WordPress.
- Assist the ED with Website redesign project management
- Work with social media contractor to ensure social media posts are shared or re-tweeted by large numbers of people.
- Help grow followers on all social media platforms
- Development and Fundraising
- Handle the backend of fundraising, ensuring proper acknowledgement process, managing the appeals and updating Give to the MAX and Giving Tuesday Web pages.
- Maintain Access Press’s CRM (Bloomerang) and record interactions, outreach and address changes.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors, partners, and readers of Access Press
- Research grants to support Access Press and its initiatives
- Help organize fundraising events as needed
- Community Relations/Marketing/Outreach
- Assist the ED in ensuring Access Press and its mission are presented with a strong, positive image
- Help the ED implement an annual marketing plan to increase readership (in print and online), advertising and sponsorship of Access Press
- Help to plan events (online and in-person) promote the work of Access Press
- Write and send news releases
- Ensure distribution plan is implemented with each issue, working with vendors and staff.
- Classified Ads
- Input classified ads, ensure they go to the Editor and create and send invoices
A BA or equivalent of work experience. Attention to detail and follow-through. Previous experience with WordPress. Proactive with an interest in learning new things. Ability to juggle many competing priorities. Excellent writing skills and customer service. Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives, understanding of MS Office suite, WordPress, QuickBooks and social media platforms. Previous nonprofit experience a plus. Understanding and willingness to learn about working with people with disabilities. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply.