High-quality health coverage for every age and stage of life. Powered by some of the hardest working people in health care.
That’s a good thing.
UCare is an independent and inclusive not-for-profit health plan serving Minnesotans since 1984.
We’re committed to improving the health of our members and our communities. UCare employees are can-do people who believe in what we do. In fact, our employees have voted UCare a Top 150 Workplace for ten consecutive years in the Star Tribune workplace survey.
Our members are our focus. We simplify, advocate and always go the extra mile to address concerns and help our members achieve their best health and well-being.
We know our members.
That’s a good thing, too.
UCare has health plans for everyone, no matter their age or health care needs. We serve individuals and families as well as those on Medicare or Medical Assistance (Medicaid). We’re also the first health plan in Minnesota to offer health coverage to people with disabilities. Today, we offer three options to serve this community:
• UCare Connect Special Needs BasicCare (SNBC). in 62 Minnesota counties, this plan serves adults who are 18-64 years old and enrolled in Medical Assistance. Members receive benefits that go beyond Medical Assistance to support their health and well-being. Members enrolled in Medicare can keep their current plans.
• UCare Connect + Medicare Special Needs BasicCare (HMO SNP). This plan is available in 11 metro-area counties and serves adults who are 18-64 years old and enrolled in both Medical Assistance and Medicare Parts A and B (dual coverage).
• UCare’s Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO). Offered in 66 Minnesota counties, this coverage combines Medicare and Medical Assistance (dual) coverage for people who are 65 and older and may have disabilities. The State of Minnesota is now transitioning adults who are age 65 and older with SNBC coverage to Medical Assistance programs. For adults who choose UCare’s MSHO, this means they can keep many features of SNBC, including disability waiver services.
We’re more than a health plan.
We make health care simple.
• UCare employees understand the unique needs of the disabled community. We work hard to figure out the coverage that’s right for each individual. We put members first.
• Offer a large network of skilled providers, specialists, hospitals and care systems
• Feature licensed Special Needs Plan representatives who help individuals find and enroll in coverage that’s right for them
• Go above and beyond to deliver customer service that’s second to none.
• Provide health and wellness benefits that support the health and well-being of every member
• Retain employees who have a passion for meeting the needs of our members in every way, every day.
Plan features and benefits that go beyond.
Our SNBC and dual plan members also enjoy benefits that often aren’t included in in Medical Assistance and some other Special Needs Plans or MSHO plans.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
• Free SilverSneakers® fitness program membership at more than 14,000 participating health clubs nationwide, and at-home fitness kits.
• Dental services, including help to find and manage dental care through UCare Dental Connection and access UCare’s Mobile Dental Clinic.
• Gift Card Incentives and rewards for completing preventive visits and medical tests
• WholeHealth Living® Choices discounts on yoga, weight loss programs and massage, taichi and more.
• Mother and child health benefits for SNBC plan members
Tivity Health and SilverSneakers and WholeHealth Living are registered trademarks or trademarks of Tivity Health, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates in the USA and/or other countries, (c) 2019 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
• A dedicated care navigator or care coordinator (depending on plan) to help members access health services and answer questions.
• Help to arrange free rides (Monday-Friday, 7 am – 8 pm) and to and from covered medical and dental appointments and pharmacies
• Keep Your Coverage program that provides personalized help to UCare SNBC members wanting to remain eligible for their plans.
• Easy enrollment options include mail, phone, online
• Most members pay no premiums, co-pays or deductibles; members with Medicare may have prescription copays.
We always listen.
And we learn.
Member viewpoints and experiences help us do better. We listen to what our members tell us and use the feedback to improve the way we serve them.
Our Disability Advisory Council (DAC) is one of four UCare member groups that meet regularly with UCare leaders. The council includes SNBC members who serve as advocates for the disability community. Others on the council are involved with community groups.
UCare also works with our online Member Feedback Community to improve services and create materials that are helpful to members of all ages with disabilities.
We’re the helpers with the answers.
Special Needs Plans Team
612-676-3554 or 1-800-707-1711 toll free
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
Need help with Medical Assistance paperwork?
Keep Your Coverage
Help Line for SNBC members
1-855-307-6978 toll free
TTY: 1-800-688-2534 toll free
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
UCare, 500 Stinson Blvd NE, Minneapolis MN 55413