by Disability Hub MN
Disability Hub MN is a free statewide resource network that helps people with disabilities solve problems, navigate the service system and plan for the future. The network originally launched as the Disability Linkage Line but changed its name in 2017 to Disability Hub MN to capture its growing scope of services.
Fun facts from 15 years of service –
- Since opening, the Hub has received more than 800,000 calls, chats and emails.
- Their highest number of contacts served in a single year is 84,000.
- The top questions are about getting and managing health insurance and cash benefits, finding and keeping housing, and setting goals around health/wellness
- The network started with six staff and now has more than 40 staff providing services throughout the state.
- Since starting, the Hub’s services expanded to meet community needs. These expanded services include online planning tools and support, benefits planning and training, and one-to-one support over time to help people resolve complex barriers and reach goals.
- The Hub now has a website, a Facebook page and a newsletter to help people stay connected.
Over the last 15 years, the Hub has been a place all people with disabilities can turn to in whatever way they prefer – people can call at 1-866-333-2466, chat online at www.disabilityhubmn.org, or use the Contact Us form on their website. Their team knows the ins and outs of community resources and government programs, and has years of experience helping people to fit them all together. It is a true “hub” of support.
Their impact through the years is best captured through the voice of their customers.
- Hub staff are well-versed in what they’re doing. They just pick up on what you’re talking about right away. It’s a very effective and personally comforting service.
Here are some Disability Hub client comments:
- I really like how the Hub does “person first.” They don’t give you a bunch of resources and tell you to figure it out for yourself. They guide you and help you.
- I called the Hub about a medication that I needed but couldn’t afford. I was shocked by how they knew the answer to my question right away. They helped me get the medication for free.
- The Hub gets you more involved in your life, getting you where you need to be and helping you to function on your own. They’ve helped me concentrate on what I need vs. what I don’t need. I feel better because I’ve gotten the help I need.
- So not only are they … helping me get through the process, but they’re giving me extra info that I wouldn’t get from others that really helps me not just to navigate the system, but to understand the way that things are working and what my rights are and what my options are.
Share your story
The Hub has changed a lot in the last 15 years, and so have you – share your story with the Hub and tell the staff how they’ve impacted you.
Visit Disability Hub Mn at https://disabilityhubmn.org/