Access Press staff and board members thank everyone who took part in the recent Access Press Stakeholder Survey. One lucky anonymous survey participant won a gift card (and you know who you are).
The information gathered through the survey is valuable as work continues on the strategic plan. The firm of Gladhill Rhone conducted the survey and compiled the results, which are guiding work going forward.
We learned a lot from the survey. Among the things we have learned:
- Most of you prefer reading the hard copy newspaper, though you look online for updates and for time-sensitive news.
- Almost half of you read us cover-to- cover, every month, without fail.
- You would like to have more distribution points (we’re working on that!)
- Our Facebook feed is your favorite way to follow us on social media.
- Many of you have been reading Access Press since our inception in 1990, but more than one-third of our readership has come to us in the last few years.
- You are aware of our main programming, including advertising, the Charlie Smith awards and advocacy. You want to know more about volunteering and how to donate to us.
- You like the fact that we are a non-profit organization, although you acknowledge that that might make our business model more complex.
- We provide you with trustworthy news that you find unbiased and informative.
The surveys, along with stakeholder interviews and various work sessions, are informing an exciting new strategic plan that will carry us forward. We’ll still be the Access Press that you appreciate, but we are excited for new initiatives as well. Watch for ways to get involved and be part of our momentum!